Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Be Grateful for Every Moment

Spring Break has come and gone in the blink of an eye and now it is time to get back to school. I did not go anywhere on vacation during my Spring Break, instead I just went home and spent time with family. This was much needed and I am happy that I could relax at home.

During this time I reflected a bit on life and school. A few events happened that made me realize that I take things for granted every day. For example, I take for granted that I have my health. My grandparents had several appointments regarding different surgeries and that made me realize how much I do not appreciate my own health. Even though I am not their age and it may be easy for me to say that that age is far away, it still means I should enjoy my health while I have it.

I thought about those who are special to me besides just my health. I think I take for granted the time I have with my family and friends. Pets are included in my family. My dog was not feeling well this weekend and my family took him to the vet. He is on multiple pills every day to ease his anxiety, pain, and stop seizures. My puppy is ten and a half years old, and he will always be my puppy, no matter what his age is. This weekend was a reality check as to how much time I have left with him.

This break was important because it gave me time to reflect on what is important to me. I need to let go of the stresses of exams, homework, scheduling, etc. because it is all just a blip on the map. Sure, how I do in school and what I do in school will affect my future. But the most important thing is to have fun while I continue my college career and my life. My goal is to spend my time with those who are most important to me and use my time to do what I enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Having time to reflect is crucial for everyone. I am glad you had this chance! I didn't do much over Spring Break either, it was much needed!

    ReplyDelete

Chapter 6 Reading

Chapter 6 in our class book Social Media for Strategic Communication is called Strategic Planning for Social Media . We have discussed in c...