Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Irish Eyes

Hope your St. Patrick's Day weekend was festive and lucky! I spent part of my weekend preparing for the Symphonic Band's first concert of the season. Our concert was entitled, Irish Eyes, and was held on Sunday, March 17 (St. Patrick's Day!) at 4 p.m. at the Freed Center. Almost all of our songs had an Irish theme to celebrate the holiday. The name of our concert was taken from the popular song When Irish Eyes Are Smiling.

We had rehearsal for several hours on Saturday and about an hour and a half before the show on Sunday. I thought the concert would last at least an hour and half, maybe even two hours, because our songs seemed so long. The band had never played all of the songs from top to bottom in just one go like we would in a concert setting, so that is why I was so off on assuming how long it would take. Whenever we rehearsed a song, we would always go back and play through specific parts, so by the time we were finished with just one song thirty minutes may have passed.

The good news was that the concert only lasted a little over an hour! It went by much smoother than I thought it would and our director, Dr. Charles Bates, thought we sounded very good! It was reassuring that our time spent on these songs paid off with a great concert.

Later that night I had a Tau Beta Sigma meeting, which was the first meeting I attended that I was an official member at! I also wore my TBS pins to the concert so that was fun as well.

The Symphonic Band's next concert is on Sunday, April 28 in case if you are interested in coming!


1 comment:

  1. I went to the St. Patrick's Day concert six years ago. It was really interesting! I'm glad you enjoyed the concert!

    ReplyDelete

Chapter 6 Reading

Chapter 6 in our class book Social Media for Strategic Communication is called Strategic Planning for Social Media . We have discussed in c...