Sunday, February 17, 2019

Norada Nights

Every college has their own traditions, folklore, townspeople, and hot spots that make it
unique from others. My hometown of Findlay has George House Coffee and Tea, a
small-business coffee shop just across the street from the University of Findlay that
attracts many Oiler customers and local high school students.

While in high school, I remember going on a tour to Miami University and I asked the
student tour guide where the best place to eat was. She suggested Bagel and Deli Shop,
a small, local sandwich shop that sold sandwiches on bagel buns. Needless to say, I did
not end up going to Miami University and missed out on the awesome sandwiches. Every
once in a while I’ll have a moment when I wish I lived in Oxford just to eat the sandwiches,
but other priorities outweighed the perks of Bagel and Deli and Miami University. I am
continuously happy with my home at Ohio Northern University, not to mention the
occasional chips and salsa snack at El Campo.

Food isn’t the only way a college town can be unique. About two miles from Ohio
Northern University’s campus lies Norada Lanes. This past Friday night was the
first time I had ever stopped in there and at ten o’clock, the place was hopping. If
you are traveling south on State Route 235 to get to Ohio Northern University, you
have to pass Norada Lanes before you arrive in town. I pass the bowling alley every
time I come to Northern and finally made the point of going there with a few friends.

Norada is an eight-lane bowling alley complete with your typical bowling alley fare,
a jukebox, some tunes, a pool table, and some arcade games. Spending Friday night
exploring a local hangout is something I will definitely make a point to do again. Norada
was pretty inexpensive as well and cost me less than ten dollars for a few hours of fun.



There should be an unofficial list that every student who attends Ohio Northern University
should do by the time they graduate. One of these tasks should be spending a night at Norada Lanes.

2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to take a trip down to Norada Lanes. I always love going to the bowling alley in my hometown. I'm sure I'll like Norada Lanes since it's similar to the one in my hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t been to Norada lanes, but it looks like a good time by the way you described it. It looks a fun place to hang out with friends.

    ReplyDelete

Chapter 6 Reading

Chapter 6 in our class book Social Media for Strategic Communication is called Strategic Planning for Social Media . We have discussed in c...